What I do…
I’m what you call multi-passionate.
Also known as a renaissance soul, scanner, and to the mis-informed; “scatter brained.” What seems like an inability to make a concrete decision, unable to settle down or is viewed as a disadvantage – is actually quite the opposite.
I am quite capable of making decisions – and another, and another if that suits me. [Translation: I’m willing to try anything and if I’m faced with a dead end, I always find another way.]
By no means am I flakey. I am able to settle down [Yep. Just ask my man of 16 years].
The thing is, I just refuse to settle for mediocre. Change lights me up. It’s all about the learning curve, making progress toward my goals and the people I meet along the way.
Since my first childhood journal, I’ve loved writing. Currently, I’m writing all over the place.
- Amber Robidoux – a personal blog where I reflect on life and finding balance with so many passions.
- Massage School – a resource for massage therapists, massage students, and massage educators.
- Massage & Business – a blog written for massage therapists and business owners.
- Akéne Therapeutics – a blog for my massage clients; both human and horse [owner] clients.
- In my own private journals – where I can fold pages, glue leaves, and paint the heck out of them.
To my kids. To my husband. To my big, fluffy husky dogs. They are what keeps me going and keeps me balanced out.
I play sports.
Basically, any physical activity I can get involved in – I’m there.
- Soccer – Sweeper is where it’s at. The harder the game the better.
- Yoga – I might not be super flexible but I try.
- Softball – Third base is home for me. I’ll settle for any infield, though.
- Volleyball – Not fantastic but I do OK.
- Horseshoes – The big backyard kind. No girls’ rules here.
- Any other game or sport you can imagine.
In the shower. In the car. Not very well but it’s good for stress relief. And it’s fun to annoy the kids.
Nothing makes me happier than getting my hands dirty. Building something from nothing or piecing things together [digitally or not] is like a work of art. Completing something gives me a great sense of accomplishment.
- I create content. I am the outreach coordinator and studio assistant for Beyond Genocide Centre for Prevention and 20th Century Illuminations.
- I create content – For private massage therapists and yoga studios, including Massage Business Blueprint. A super idea for massage therapists looking to become more active in their marketing endeavors.
- I create art and photography – From logos and photographs to paintings and crocheted items… Creativity and I go way back.
- I create websites [like this one] and organize the heck out of old ones.
- I create stuff from nothing – I make wire hangers into hooks to reach stuff behind the couch. I build forts with sheets and clothespins. I make peanut butter and fluff sandwiches. I create memories whenever possible.
I give massage.
Joy comes in so many forms and we could be here all day if I tried to list everything that I enjoy so here’s a brief list:
- Looking at tiny houses and clever bookcases.
- Day dreaming about real estate and picture myself living there and wondering what life would be like.
- Watching funny or interesting videos on YouTube and Wimp – and sharing.
- Anything with a motor… snowmobiling, four-wheeling, jet skiing.
- I love the quiet of the woods. camping alone, frequent visits to the middle of no where and sitting by the ocean. [Yeah, see how impossible it is to find the ideal residential location?]
I help small businesses.
I help small businesses get their act together online. Whether it’s through reorganizing their website, working their social media or getting their marketing calendar set up. I thrive on the learning curve so if it’s something you need and I don’t have it listed here, ask anyway!