I’m totally killin’ this week. It’s not an “in your face” type of killin’, mind you, but yeah I’m killin’ it. My internal chatter has been more “it’s 20 minutes, take the damn walk.” And “eat this, you’ll feel better.” And most surprising: “I haven’t had a coffee today. Meh, I don’t really want a coffee.”
And then I don’t get coffee.
Today’s Self Care Stats:
- Healthy protein shake for brekky
- Felt content with that so left it at that
- Mile walk with the pup
- Knee: stretches and exercises
- Totally avoided reading any book (I’m compulsive with book reading, so I purposely decided to wait before diving in again)
- Put some daily “slight edge” goals into my planner
- Did a little check in on the scale – NOT the point of this challenge but I was curious – dropped a few lbs.
- Writing/doodling in my art journal
- Total techie shut down for pizza, card games and movies with the family
How I felt
I’m feeling great. The progress isn’t substantial, but it’s there. It’s steady. My skin has suffered a minor freak out, but I chalk that up to all the crap coming out of my system.
Take away point
When you’ve replaced not-so-great habits with new healthier ones, without even realizing it, that’s pretty awesome.
To receive blog updates by email, make sure you “follow” by entering your email in the lower right corner. (This is different from subscribing to the mailing list.)
You can also join the group. Come hang out with us, be inspired, supportive, supportED, and share what kind of things you’re doing.